What information do we collect?
When you visit our website http://www.vladimirkagan.com ("our Site") we may collect and process the following types of information from you:
- Information that you provide by filling in forms on our Site. This includes information provided at the time of registering to use our site, subscribing for certain services, registering for our email newsletter and alerts where applicable and posting material or requesting further services. We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our Site.
- If you contact us, we may keep a record of that correspondence. If you choose to correspond with us via email, we may retain the content of your email messages together with your email address and our responses. We may also ask you to complete surveys that we use for research purposes, although you do not have to respond to them.
- Details of your visits to our Site including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, whether this is required for our own billing purposes or otherwise and the resources that you access.
It is important that all the personal information you give us when you register as a member or otherwise when you use the Site is correct and accurate. This includes, by way of example only, ensuring that we have your correct contact (including e-mail) details at all times.
IP Addresses and Cookies
We may collect information about your computer, including where available your IP address, operating system and browser type, for system administration and to report aggregate information to our advertisers. This is statistical data about our users' browsing actions and patterns, and does not identify any individual. For the same reason, we may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file.
What is a cookie?
In common with other commercial websites, our Site utilises a standard technology called “cookies”. A cookie is a very small text document which often includes an anonymous unique identifier. When you visit a website, that site's computer asks your computer for permission to store this file in a part of your hard drive specifically designated for cookies.
We may obtain information about your general internet usage by using a cookie file which is stored on the hard drive of your computer. Cookies contain information that is transferred to your computer's hard drive. They help us to improve our Site and to deliver a better and more personalised service. They enable us:
As you browse our Site, the Site uses its cookies to differentiate you from other users to prevent you from seeing unnecessary information or requiring you to log in more often than is necessary.
Cookies, in conjunction with our web server's log files, allow us to calculate the aggregate number of people visiting our Site and to determine which parts of the Site are most popular. This helps us gather feedback to constantly improve our Site and better serve our clients.
Cookies do not allow us to gather any personal information about you and we do not generally store any personal information that you provided to us in your cookies.
Uses made of the information
We use information held about you in the following ways:
- To estimate our audience size and usage pattern.
- To store information about your preferences, and so allow us to customise our Site according to your individual interests.
- To speed up your searches.
- To recognise you when you return to our Site.
- We do not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers. For this purpose, we may disclose generic, aggregated or anonymised data relating to our users and use of our Site, but we will not disclose information about identifiable individuals to our advertisers i.e. we will not disclose your contact details such as your email address, name, address or telephone number. We may make use of the personal data we have collected from you to enable us to comply with our advertisers' wishes by displaying their advertisement to that target audience.
- To ensure that content from our Site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer.
- To provide you with information, products or services that you request from us or which we feel may interest you, where you have consented to be contacted for such purposes.
- To notify you about changes to our service.
We treat the security and method of processing your personal information very seriously, and we will never sell your personal information under any circumstances. However, we may use your data, or permit selected third parties to use your data, to provide you with information about goods and services which may be of interest to you and we or they may contact you about these by post or telephone. We may also disclose your Personal information to third parties in accordance with your authorisation as expressed via opt-ins e.g. at the point of registration.
If you are an existing customer, we will only contact you by electronic means (e-mail or SMS) with information about goods and services similar to those which were the subject of a previous sale to you.
If you are a new customer, and where we permit selected third parties to use your data, we (or they) will contact you by electronic means only if you have consented to this.
If you do not want us to use your data in this way, or to pass your details on to third parties for marketing purposes, please tick the relevant box situated on the form on which we collect your data (e.g. the registration form).
You have the right to ask us not to process your personal data for marketing purposes. We will usually inform you (before collecting your data) if we intend to use your data for such purposes or if we intend to disclose your information to any third party for such purposes. You can exercise your right to prevent such processing by checking certain boxes on the forms we use to collect your data. You can also exercise the right at any time by contacting us.
Our Site may, from time to time, contain links to and from the websites of our partner networks, advertisers and affiliates. If you follow a link to any of these websites, please note that these websites have their own privacy policies and that we do not accept any responsibility or liability for these policies. Please check these policies before you submit any personal data to these websites.
Site Usage Agreement
The Vladimir Kagan website is owned and operated by Vladimir Kagan (“we”, “our” or “us”). We are committed to protecting the privacy of our users and customers.
We treat the security and method of processing your Personal Information very seriously, and we will never sell your personal information under any circumstances.
However, we may disclose your Personal Information to selected third parties in the following situations:
- to facilitate our business, including, by way of example only, sending email communications;
- if we buy or sell any business or assets, in which case we may disclose your Personal Information to the seller or buyer of such business or assets, as appropriate;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share your personal data to comply with any legal obligation or in order to enforce or apply our terms and conditions and other agreements or protect the rights, property, or safety of our customers, or others. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organisations for fraud protection.
We may also disclose your Personal Information to third parties in accordance with your authorisation as expressed via Opt-ins e.g. at the point of registration.
Please note: by posting any personal information in any publicly accessible area of our website, such information may be collected by third parties over which we have no control.
We strongly recommend all users keep postings anonymous. We are not responsible for the use of such information by such third parties.
Please therefore exercise all due care and consideration before disclosing any personal Information that will be disclosed on public areas.
What about other websites linked to our website?
We are not responsible for the practices employed by websites linked to or from our website nor the information or content contained therein.
Often links to other websites are provided solely as pointers to information on topics that may be useful to the users of our website.
Third Party companies/individuals or other websites must seek approval before linking to our website. This website is private.
Your browsing and interaction on any other website, including websites which have a link on our website, is subject to that website's own rules and policies.
Always read over those rules and policies before proceeding.
If we change our privacy policies and procedures, we will post those changes on our website homepage to keep you aware of what information we collect, how we use it and under what circumstances we may disclose it.
If you do not agree with such changes, you should stop using our website.
Intellectual Property Rights
We are the owner or the licensee of all intellectual property rights in our Site, and in the material published on it. Those works are protected by copyright laws and treaties around the world. All such rights are reserved.
You may print off one copy, and may download extracts, of any page(s) from our Site for your personal reference and you may draw the attention of others within your organisation to material posted on our Site
You must not modify the paper or digital copies of any materials you have printed off or downloaded in any way, and you must not use any illustrations, photographs, video or audio sequences or any graphics separately from any accompanying text.
Our status (and that of any identified contributors) as the authors of material on our Site must always be acknowledged.
You must not use any part of the materials on our Site for commercial purposes without obtaining a licence to do so from us or our licensors.
The material displayed on our Site is provided without any guarantees, conditions or warranties as to its accuracy. To the extent permitted by law, We, other members of our group of companies and third parties connected to us hereby expressly exclude:
All conditions, warranties and other terms which might otherwise be implied by statute, common law or the law of equity.
Any liability for any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage incurred by any user in connection with our Site or in connection with the use, inability to use, or results of the use of our Site, any Websites linked to it and any materials posted on it, including, without limitation any liability for:
- loss of income or revenue;
- loss of business;
- loss of profits or contracts;
- loss of anticipated savings;
- loss of data;
- loss of goodwill;
- wasted management or office time;
- and for any other loss or damage of any kind, however arising and whether caused by tort (including negligence), breach of contract or otherwise, even if foreseeable, provided that this condition shall not prevent claims for loss of or damage to your tangible property or any other claims for direct financial loss that are not excluded by any of the categories set out above.
This does not affect our liability for death or personal injury arising from our negligence, nor our liability for fraudulent misrepresentation or misrepresentation as to a fundamental matter, nor any other liability which cannot be excluded or limited under applicable law.
Viruses, Hacking and other Offences
You must not misuse our Site by knowingly introducing viruses, trojans, worms, logic bombs or other material which is malicious or technologically harmful. You must not attempt to gain unauthorised access to our Site, the server on which our Site is stored or any server, computer or database connected to our Site. You must not attack our Site via a denial-of-service attack or a distributed denial-of service attack.
By breaching this provision, you would commit a criminal offence under the Computer Misuse Act 1990. We will report any such breach to the relevant law enforcement authorities and We will co-operate with those authorities by disclosing your identity to them. In the event of such a breach, your right to use our Site will cease immediately.
We will not be liable for any loss or damage caused by a distributed denial-of-service attack, viruses or other technologically harmful material that may infect your computer equipment, computer programs, data or other proprietary material due to your use of our Site or to your downloading of any material posted on it, or on any Website linked to it.